Together, we are more productive, more profitable and have more fun.
Respond to all job postings by sending your resume and a paragraph describing how you plan to excel at the position. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Manager – Part Time
Red Chair Workroom is looking for a part-time Business Development Manager to sign up new members and develop vendor partnerships. This role is critical in the growth of the business. The BDM will help identify prospects that fit will with RCW’s current offerings and brainstorm about new ones. Prospecting tactics will include networking, marketing programs and cold calling.
This is an opportunity to help build one of the most unique new businesses in Austin. Growth opportunities, both financial and professional, will be offered to the right person. This may evolve in to a full-time position at some point, but could also stay part-time if desired.
- Knowledge of the architecture and design industry and contacts within Austin.
- Experience in cold-calling and approaching new prospects.
- Ability to attend evening and weekend events occasionally.
- Understanding of the in-person sales process, with a focus on listening and developing a partnership.
- Structured approach to prospecting and follow-up.
- Knowledge of sales management software (Zoho, SalesForce).
- Ambitious and focused attitude, proven sales success.
- Team-oriented attitude, relaxed but professional demeanor that represents the Workroom’s brand.
- Develop target list for memberships and vendor partnerships and create outreach plan.
- Organize information in Zoho and use regularly to keep team updated.
- Use pre-approved marketing materials and help develop additional collateral.
- Attend networking and Workroom events.
- Develop proposals for partnerships.
- Manage contract and invoicing process.
- Set up Showcases with client, some client-related event setup.
- Maintain relationships through structured follow-up plans.
- Thoroughly understand the Red Chair business model and mission, and represent the Workroom in all communications.
Salary can be based on a combination of hourly rate and commission or straight commission, depending on experience, availability and other factors.
Event Sales Manager – Part Time
Red Chair Workroom is looking for a part-time person to identify prospects for, sell and manage rentals of the Workroom after-hours and on weekends.
The Workroom is a new, 4400 square-foot facility located in the Design District in north Austin. During the day it serves as a professional workspace for interior designers and architects. It is a unique and beautiful space that is well-suited for anything from cocktail parties to seminars.
The Event Sales Manager will be responsible for selling the venue for events on the evenings and weekends to targets outside the architecture and design industry. He/she will also be responsible for attending the event to be sure the Workroom space is not damaged. Event planning and rentals are not part of the service that the Workroom will offer, but the Event Sales Manager is welcome to offer their services separately to clients.
The best candidates will be familiar with and have contacts in the event planning/catering industry. The Workroom plans to schedule 3-5 outside events per month.
Compensation will be based on a percentage of the rental contract, and/or an hourly rate for managing the event.
Please contact us with your resume and a letter explaining why you believe you can sell 5 events per month.
Red Chair Workroom is looking for one to three interns for the fall semester, with the possibility of extending in to spring.
Red Chair Workroom is a professional resource center for interior designers, architects and custom builders in Austin. We provide workspace, meeting rooms, an extensive sample library, professional development and marketing support for independent design professionals.
The internship is a unique opportunity to learn about a variety of aspects of the A&D field and interact with many different professionals in the industry; including residential and commercial interior designers and decorators, architects and building designers, custom builders, product vendors and more. Interns will be encouraged to set up interviews and shadowing opportunities Workroom members to gain additional exposure.
Tasks will include helping to manage and grow the sample library, identifying new vendors to partner with, helping with events, manning the front desk and helping with other general office tasks.
This is an hourly position at $9/hour. A minimum commitment of 15 hours per week is preferred, but the schedule can be flexible. Some evening and weekend hours may be requested but not required.
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining how you hope to benefit from the internship and why you can be an asset to the Workroom.